The Peco (ex Merit) Potters Bar signal box has been around since God was a boy and is showing its age in more than a few places. Compared to say the Ratio Highley box kit which is probably only ten years younger, very few of these seem to get built, or at least not on my radar. It feels like a very period idea of a product when most model railways were still very much of a train set leaning and this would have been an upswing in terms of detail to say the Triang Type 15 box which share some of the same general post war vibe. There are a few conversions though, notably the Model Railway Club's Minories which has a box which has all the hallmarks of this kit, and then there is David Malton's published bash into the Pyewipe box.
My eyes lit upon the defunct, but still standing box at Lymington Pier. So that's where I went with it. There are errors aplenty, mostly as I was initialy working from just a single aspect photo hence quite a bit of guesswork (other views typically came to light once the build was fairly well advanced) but I think I've caught the essence of the building. The finished and almost third revision of it coming to an issue of BRM in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment