Monday, 13 July 2026

A factory window?


There is almost no thing as rubbish on the workbench, things have to get very small before they are deemed unfit for further use. Though I do start drowning in stuff and have a mini clear out once in a while. This was a little five minute job, completed simply because it was there, and because I could. A left-over window frame off cut from a Peco (ex Merit) signal box build. The plastic is rubbery and not of the best quality, however too good to simply discard. It needed an new wider frame edge to match the one on the left. A further rummage found a piece of black 20 thou that would do the job.

This was stuck and then trimmed, then the window bars cleaned were up. I now have something suitable for a factory rooflight or similar. When, or if it will get used is a mystery, but it will land in the 'windows' tin ready for such time. Modelling, not purchasing.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment