Saturday, 11 July 2026

Saturday Ramble

 


It started straight away, the minute that I pushed publish. The interest from 'overseas'. The old blog got swamped, the Mk 2 started getting swamped. The trouble is that Blogger, despite it being part of our G**gle  overlord, suits me. The forums don't; too much accent on reaction and scoring for the same. Really not interested. I just want a quiet corner of the interweb without the need for backchat. I'm not adverse to comment here, I just don't want that to be the driver of everything.

The above is done. To my satisfaction? Not by a long chalk. I shall smile and wave for the paparazzi, but the whole project felt contrived and forced; the disadvantage of being pressured from commercial sources. I like to dip my toe in to the world, but I have no desire to sit under the cosh and feel a certain amount of sorrow for those that have to, It doesn't need to be that way,,, well not completely anyway. I am drawn more and more to the 'independent' and this may be a throwback to 50+ year old punk sensibilities. We were going to live outside of the machine, that is, until we became the machine. My head instantly reels back in dismay as soon I feel that creep; always has; always will. I stopped going to school for the same reasons, there was too much cosh and not enough room to think and reason things out. If I felt that way at fourteen, then how can I avoid it now?

This is all part of a greater re-think: how to move forward, and how to facilitate the forward moving. I suspect that things will remain much as they were, with a certain amount of irony, a shift toward a more publishing friendly aspect. How this will pan out is anyone's guess.

buymeacoffee.com/chrisford2Q


No comments:

Post a Comment