The TT has left the building (Cue: Viva Las Vegas).
Sometimes we are not very good at finishing things off. The new is always too tempting and starting is always easier. With commissions this won't cut it; there is a deadline and the impetus must be maintained. For most this is a hobby and that way of thinking is outrageous. I agree. So let's consider that aspect for a moment. Is the object of all this the process? Or is it the completion? In most cases this is a pastime, a way to while away non-working hours in a relaxing way, so is completion even necessary? After all, we are only doing this to pass the time not achieve a target.
What does this have to do with the TT? Well that did have to be a target and yet, there were several times where I thought it not worth finishing; I'm still far from happy with the end result. In the cold light of day and a return to the bench, there are quite a few things that had been pushed to one side, the above from Mr. Hill from parts fished out of my Wills bits box - the his and hers privies. I can only surmise that the bit on the left is for the dog. This had been hanging around for a while so looking for easy wins and low-hanging fruit, I finished this off first. The first post TT project completed. The next is an O gauge point in copperclad and 124 FB, again for Mr. Hill, this now at the tie-bar stage having been basically tested with a wagon. Then onto some lower pressure magazine things.
All these need finishing off after they have been started.
No comments:
Post a Comment